It’s no secret that technology is a quickly growing resource for everything you could possibly want to know nowadays. Society almost always has their nose glued to a TV, cell phone, tablet, or computer. We get that you must stay in touch with the latest news, but it’s also important to take some time for your mental self. Here are some reasons to turn off your electronics at least for a short time while visiting the Lovill House Inn.
1) The mountains of the High Country are beautiful. You don’t want to miss the scenery and beautiful fall foliage. There are always little critters running around, foraging for food or building a nest. The wind in the threes could be considered the music of the mountains. When you unplug, you remember to take a deep breath and watch the sunset.
2) There are so many interesting people in Boone, and not to mention all the other travelers. When you sit in the rocking chairs on our front porch, perhaps with a glass of wine or a good cold beer, you never know who you’ll meet. We have had guests who made friends while staying at our inn and have scheduled their next vacations for the same weekend for years after.
3) You will grow closer to your friends, family, or loved ones through conversation. Whether you’re playing a board game or chatting over drinks, spending time with those you love can do wonders for your soul.
4) You will have time for, and actually enjoy, reading a good book. We understand that eReaders are convenient, but nothing beats holding a book in your hands. If you forgot to bring a book of your own, we have several laying around the Lovill House Inn, or you can drive to the local book store. Foggy Pine Books is located on King Street, just down the hill from the Inn.
5) You will experience life on a simpler level, even if just for a few moments. You can remember what life was like before the constant bombarding of information. When you disconnect from the cyber world, you won’t be so worried about checking in to locations on your social media site or making sure your photo got liked on Instagram. You are free to just be.
The Lovill House Inn does have all the amenities you may need to keep the work flow going or catch the big game, such as flatscreen cable TVs and Wi-Fi. For those whose souls crave simplicity, however, we have you covered at The Lovill House Inn. Come disconnect and unwind with us. We’ll see you soon.