Lovill House Inn does not offer any handicap accessible accommodations since the establishment is located within a facility that contains not more than five rooms for rent or hire and that is occupied by the proprietor of the establishment as the residence of the proprietor. (5 U.S.C. 301; 28 U.S.C. 509,510; 42 U.S.C. 12186(b). @ 36.104 Definitions). However, we are committed to doing whatever we reasonably can to make our property accessible and helping our guests’ experience. At present of note are the following:
- A minimum of three stairs must be climbed to get to the inn ground floor. A hand rail has been installed to assist in climbing.
- We have one room on the ground floor. The dining room is also on the ground floor.
- Four of our five rooms are on the second floor of the inn. To get to them, one would need to climb an additional 16 steps, again with handrail. The stairwell is narrow as in the day it was first constructed.
- The inn does not have a ramp, and is inaccessible to wheelchairs.
- Each room has its own private bathroom. All bathrooms have conventional step-in bathtubs with shower available in tub. We can install wall hand braces as requested, adjusted to your need to support standing in the tub.
- We accommodate all dietary needs for our breakfast serving.
- The innkeepers will assist guests with luggage and items as requested.
- Parking is in a secure asphalt lot, but like most of our property is gentle sloping and not flat. We have installed additional lighting on our approaches from the parking lot to the inn.